Medical Equipment Technician
Based in Cape Town the purpose of this position is to ensure the successful and efficient performance of rental systems. This requires the Rental Technician to track, repair, clean, disinfect assets, to be pro-active in supply to the end-users and upliftment of used systems to ensure quick turn-around and availability.
- Delivery, installation and collections completed with the highest level of skill / customer service and within the companies SLA time frames
- Build strong relationships with customers in hospitals, aged care facilities, clinics, etc.
- Troubleshooting /faultfinding, on Medical Pumps and Mattresses
- Provide Installation training to end users
- Adequate stock maintained in vehicle for efficient service turnaround
- Maintain Vehicle in a lawful manner and in accordance with Company Policies
- Install medical pumps and mattresses to full working capacity and ensure operators are aware of operating and emergency procedures
- Be available for 24 Hour call on a roster basis or as instructed if required
- Handle & clean products in accordance with Company Infection Control policy
- Assist in the decontamination process of cleaning pumps and Mattresses
- Advise management of trends and developments in the market.
- Take reasonable care for own safety and that of others at work by reporting any safety hazards, accidents or incidences to your supervisor.
- Conduct regular cycle counts and stock takes
- Completing of Installation & Cancellation documents.
- Completing of daily activity reports.
- Completing of transactions logs on all assets (bed days, contracts, serial numbers, service records, contacts, etc.)
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
At least 2-3 years’ work experience
Customer Service Orientated
Valid driver’s license and experience in driving and maintaining a company vehicle
Ability to work independently
Must be available to work standby after hours during weekdays and on weekends
R9000, Medical Aid, Provident Fund