SERVICE ENGINEER – LAB EQUIPMENT
Responsible for the installation and maintenance of laboratory equipment used in the chemical and minerals processing industries.
Maintenance and Installation
- Function as full technical support by handling all technical queries from customers as well as calls pertaining to the progress on repairs and availability of stock.
- Visit customers’ sites and carry out corrective and preventative maintenance.
- Carry out fault finding effectively and communicate with the customer as to the problems, recommending the best solutions.
- Carry out installations as per company procedures and in accordance with the order specifications.
- Advise customers on pre-installation requirements for instruments.
- Calibration and alignment of equipment as per the factory specifications.
- Carry out remote diagnostics.
- Ensure that work orders are accurately completed and returned to the company Administrator timeously.
- Ensure that any other necessary paperwork is completed accurately and timeously and forwarded to the Administrator e.g.; installation reports, expense claims etc.
- Adhere to all applicable safety regulations.
- Respond efficiently to customer calls and emergency work.
- Function as support for internal customers - assist sales staff as required.
- Provide telephonic assistance to customers.
- Ensure that product knowledge is of a high standard.
- Keep up to date with technical changes and updates.
- Ensure that applications and software knowledge is up to date.
- Carry out software demonstrations to customers.
- Attend project meetings with customers as arranged by sales engineers.
- Liaise with and update sales engineers regarding requirements for installations.
- Communicate with sales engineers regarding the progress on jobs for their customers.
- Work overtime when required.
- Travel outside office hours and outside the borders of South Africa.
Qualifications and Skills:
ND Electrical Engineering (LC), Electronic Engineering or equivalent
Experience in PC configuration and software
Minimum 3 years experience in servicing, installing and maintaining laboratory equipment
Negotiable salary depending on experience
Benefits – Medical Aid, Provident Fund